Friday, March 19, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow, March 17th!
Here's a little bit of info on this special holiday
- St. Patrick is most commonly known as the patron saint of Ireland
- The original color of St. Patrick's Day was blue. It was later changed to green because of the shamrock, which St. Patrick used to teach people about the holy trinity (God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit).
- At one point in history, the Irish believed that wearing green was very unlucky. If you wore green fairies would capture you and take you away.
- The Irish traditionally had lamb and root vegetables, not corned beef. I also heard they ate Irish bacon.
- Corn beef was most likely created in Manhattan in the 1800s. It's believed that the Irish took the idea of corn beef from the Jewish brisket.
- Corn beef has nothing to do with corn at all. It got it's name from the large pieces of salt used to cure the meat.
They dyed the water in the fountain green for last St. Patrick's Day (2009).
Weight Watchers Info
Corn beef is 6 points for 3oz of meat
Cabbage is a freebie, but it will probably make you gassy
I think that carrots are free too!
Green beer is definitely not a freebie, but I suggest you food color Bud Select 55. It's only 1 point for a 12oz bottle! And it almost tastes like Bud light, which is 2 points.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
If you haven't watched this video yet, check it out. Jimmy Fallon does this really funny and adorable skit about Robert Pattinson, called Robert is Bothered. He even has a website with all the videos. Basically he dresses up like Edward and sits in a tree complaining about silly things like Valentines Day, Daniel Radcliffe, sequels... The other day on the Jimmy Fallon show Robert Pattinson was the guest and he climbed into the tree with Jimmy. It's a little hard to hear some of the sound because of the roaring audience, but it's definitely worth a watch.
Yay!! I've been waiting for what feels like forever for New Moon to come out in dvd, or blue ray, if that's your thing. It comes out March 20th.
I loved it in the theaters and I've been watching the first Twilight over and over again...
You can pre-order the movie from amazon by clicking the link to the left.
Or Target has a special 3 disc set, that you can pre-order here. It's pretty cool. You get a film cell and 60 minutes of bonus footage that you don't get in the 2 disc set. And it is only available at Target.
Eclipse is hitting theaters on June 30th. I have a countdown widget for the release date near the bottom of the right side of my blog.