The WWE's new show NXT debuts tonight. It's a new reality style wrestling show, in which 8 superstars mentor 8 rookies. Originally the 8 superstars were Chris Jericho, MVP, the Miz, C.M. Punk, Christian, R-Truth, Carlito, and Matt Hardy. Today I learned they have replaced MVP with William Regal. I can only assume they have bigger and better plans for MVP then beeing on the new show.
Facts I'm learning about the show...
- David Otunga (paired with R-Truth) is engaged to Jennifer Hudson and is her baby daddy too.
- Daniel Bryan (paired with the Miz) has been wrestling for ten years under the name Bryan Danielson. He was also trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal.
- The pairs will be divided into two teams, called the heels and the faces.
- David Otunga was also known as Punk on I Love New York 2
- The rookies all come from Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW)
- The winning rookie will receive a WWE contract
- The show is supposed to be a cross breed of live wrestling and reality tv
- Bryan Danielson is also known as the American Dragon and has wrestled with John Cena, C.M. Punk, and Ted DiBiase
It should be interesting to see what happens. You can check out youtube for videos of the rookies in action.
John Cena vs Bryan Danielson
Bryan Danielson makes C.M Punk tap out
Bryan Danielson on ROH